Transformer oil filled in oil-immersed transformer, on the one hand, can improve the insulation strength between the components of transformer, so that the core of transformer winding can be cooled; on the other hand, the insulation materials in transformer, such as wood, paper, etc., can maintain the original chemical and physical properties, so that metals, such as copper, can be preserved; on the other hand, the insulation materials in transformer, such as wood and paper, can be preserved. Surface, it can extinguish the arc. Therefore, the main functions of transformer oil are heat dissipation, moisture proof and deterioration prevention.
When the transformer is running, the heat of the body will cause evaporation, resulting in a shortage of oil. Transformer oil shortage will make the transformer overheat or even burn out. Therefore, the causes, consequences and treatment measures of oil shortage in transformers are analyzed.
First, the causes of transformer oil shortage
1. In the process of overhaul or test, the transformer does not refuel after oil is discharged.
2. Long-term oil leakage, or large oil leakage.
3. The air temperature is too low, the oil storage capacity of the oil pillow is insufficient, or the volume of the oil pillow is too small to meet the use requirements.
The result of transformer oil shortage
1. If the oil level is lower than the monitoring line of the oil level meter, it may lead to the wrong operation of the gas protection device, which may cause the oil level and color can not be monitored.
2. If the oil level is lower than the top of the transformer, the contact area between oil and air will increase, which makes the oil easy to absorb moisture and oxidize, thus accelerating the deterioration of oil. Moisture entering the oil will reduce the insulation strength of the winding and rust the iron core and other components.
3. When oil leakage is seriously insufficient, the insulation strength of transformer conductive components to the ground and between them will be greatly reduced, and it is easy to be broken down when overvoltage occurs.
Transformer oil can not be immersed in tap changer, leakage and discharge between taps, resulting in short circuit of high voltage winding.
5. When the oil level is lower than the upper orifice of the heat pipe, the oil can not circulate and convection, so that the temperature of the transformer rises sharply, and even the transformer burns out.
3. Transformer oil shortage, commonly adopted measures:
1. If the temperature drops due to abrupt weather change, resulting in oil shortage, the radiator can be closed and the oil can be replenished in time.
2. If a large number of leaks or oil leaks occur, corresponding measures may be taken according to the specific circumstances and regulations.