In the operation process of oil filled power equipment, once the oil level is abnormal, the cause of the abnormal shall be found out in time, and timely handling shall be conducted according to different situations to ensure the safe and stable operation of the transformer.
The following measures shall be taken in case of abnormal pumping capacity of transformer oil:
1、 Treatment of high oil level
When the oil level of transformer is higher than the maximum oil level line, different methods shall be taken according to the reasons.
1. When the three-phase current is overloaded or seriously unbalanced, resulting in a phase current exceeding the rated value, the load shall be adjusted.
2. If the abnormal cooler causes the oil temperature of the transformer to rise, the crude oil to be heated and expanded, which causes the oil level to rise, it is necessary to check whether the cooler is subject to volcanic ash, whether the upper and lower valves of the pipeline are opened, whether the fan and potential oil pump are in normal operation, whether the oil temperature is appropriate, etc., and deal with this problem in time, so that the cooler can resume normal operation.
3. If the oil level is too high due to too much transformer oil, drain the oil to a proper height.
2、 Treatment of too low oil level
1. If the oil level is low and there is no oil leakage, the operation and maintenance personnel shall report and fill in qualified transformer oil of the same type as soon as possible.
2. If the oil level is seriously reduced due to oil leakage, measures shall be taken to eliminate the oil leakage, and oil shall be added immediately to make the oil level return to normal.
3. In case of a large amount of oil leakage and excessive oil level drop that endangers the safe operation of the transformer, report to the dispatching department in time and apply for shutdown.
To sum up: sufficient transformer oil can ensure the normal operation of the transformer, otherwise, the abnormal oil level will easily lead to the failure of the transformer.